YOU’RE INVITED! - JOIN US FOR the 4th Annual PEC
Community volunteers of all ages (-it’s family friendly-) join scientists and experts to record all the living species in an area
When and where?
MILLER FAMILY NATURE RESERVE (noon till noon June 10-11)
- 11 a.m. - Registration starts
- 12 noon - official opening
- 12 - 2 p.m. - Animal bones and artifacts with Cheryl Chapman
- 12 - 5 p.m. - for kids: build and take home a Bluebird nesting box
- 12 - 5 p.m. - Nature tent open at Base Camp
- 1 p.m. - Guided nature walk
- 3 p.m. - Guided nature walk
- 5 p.m. - Supper
- 7:30 p.m. - Evening bird walk
- 9 p.m. - Marsh Monitoring
- 9:30 p.m. - Moths
- 8 a.m. - Guided nature walk (morning birds)
- 8 - 11:30 a.m. - Nature tent open at Base Camp
- 10:00 a.m. - Guided nature walk
- 12 noon - BBQ lunch
Go on guided walks led by experts - Discover a new dragonfly or beetle for the County - See Butterflies up close - Track breeding evidence for birds - Look for clues of mammals, insects and reptiles - Identify plants you’ve always wondered about
It’s fun, exciting and close by! Learn about biodiversity, help preserve our natural world, and contribute to scientific research
Registration - $5 (children accompanied by adults – free)
Registration begins at 11 AM Saturday and continues throughout the event
Please use this form if you would like to preregister for the 2017 BioBlitz, June 10-11 at the Miller Family Nature Preserve (Prince Edward County) hosted by Prince Edward County Field Naturalists, Hastings Prince Edward Land Trust and Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory.
You will be asked to sign a waiver form when you sign in at the event.
Children under 18 need to be registered by a Parent/Guardian.